Inklings Buys Your Gently-Used Books!
Though we don’t have a “used book section” in our store, we shelve used books right next to new! The used books are marked on the bottom of the spine with a little colored dot sticker. We love to keep good books circulating through the community! Our Used Book Program is open from February through October each year.
- We buy mostly trade size paperbacks – the larger sized paperback. We do buy some hardback books – like classics or current books that are not yet available in paperback.
- Books must be clean, odor-free and in very good condition.
- We will not purchase books that we do not think are a good fit for our store, or that we do not need at this time.
- Books that we purchase will be limited to the categories we currently carry.
- We do not purchase the following:
- Most mass-market sized books (the shorter, fatter, squattier kind of paperback) though we take a few of the mystery ones like Grafton or Evanovich
- Most westerns or romances
- Dated materials such as almanacs or travel guides
- Computer books or textbooks
- Most books (except classics) that are more than 5 years old.
- Home decorating or craft books more than 1 year old.
Buying: You may bring your books anytime. We will ask you to leave your boxes or bags, identified with your name and phone number, and our buyer will sort through them and give you a call within a day or two.
Payment: The used books that are accepted will be given a dollar value in store credit. You may use your store credit for any purchase at Inklings: new books, used books, gifts, cards or special orders.
Inklings Bookshop, 5629 Summitview Ave., Yakima, WA 98908