Dragon in Exile (Liaden Universe Novels #18) (MP3 CD)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 18 in the Liaden Universe Novels series.
- #1: The Dragon Variation (Liaden Universe® #1) (Paperback): $13.56
- #2: The Crystal Variation (Liaden Universe® #2) (Paperback): $14.69
- #3: Balance of Trade (Liaden Universe Books of Before #3) (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #4: Dragon Ship (Liaden Universe Theo Waitley #4) (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #5: I Dare (Liaden Universe Agent of Change #5) (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #6: Conflict of Honors (Liaden Universe® #6) (Mass Market): $10.16
- #10: Carpe Diem (Liaden Universe® #10) (Mass Market): $10.16
- #11: The Agent Gambit (Liaden Universe® #11) (Paperback): $13.56
- #12: Saltation (Liaden Universe® #12) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #13: Mouse and Dragon (Liaden Universe® #13) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #16: Necessity's Child: A Novel of the Liaden Universe (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #17: Trade Secret (Liaden Universe® #17) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #19: Alliance of Equals (Liaden Universe® #19) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #20: The Gathering Edge (Liaden Universe® #20) (Mass Market): $9.03
- #21: Neogenesis (Liaden Universe® #21) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #22: Accepting the Lance (Liaden Universe® #22) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #23: Trader's Leap (Liaden Universe® #23) (Hardcover): $25.00
Star-trading Clan Korval--known to Terrans as the Tree-and-Dragon Family and to the locals simply as the Dragon--has been convicted of crimes against the homeworld. No matter that one of the "crimes" consisted of saving the elitist planet of Liad from very real internal threats, the Council of Clans wanted Korval heads to roll. Unfortunately for the council, the Dragon's allies conspired to impose a milder punishment for saving the world: banishment rather than execution.
Now relocated to the free-for-all world of Surebleak, the Dragon is under contract to keep the Port Road open to all traffic and to back the New Bosses in imposing law and order on a society originally based on larceny and assassination. This modest rustication is going surprisingly well until Korval discovers that the enemy they'd sought to destroy wasn't quite destroyed. And is more determined than ever to eradicate Korval.
While the banishment killed no one initially, many of Korval's trading allies are spooked. Some are reneging on ancient agreements, leaving the Dragon to make its own way. The clan's efforts to stealthily recruit new allies is going haywire, and a secret death toll is rising even as the clan's adherents endure increasing exposure to danger and deceit off world.
To make matters worse, an active portion of Surebleak's native population liked the Old Ways just fine and are conspiring to take the New Bosses--and the Dragon--down and are sure they have the firepower and people to do it.
The exiled Dragon has to make an urgent choice: accept an alliance with criminals or face down each and every enemy in person, one by one.