A Stitch Before Dying (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery #3) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery series.
- #1: While My Pretty One Knits (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery #1) (Paperback): $16.00
- #2: Knit, Purl, Die (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery #2) (Paperback): $18.99
- #4: Till Death Do Us Purl (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery #4) (Paperback): $18.99
- #5: The Silence of the Llamas (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery #5) (Paperback): $19.99
- #6: A Dark and Stormy Knit (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery #6) (Paperback): $19.99
- #7: The Postman Always Purls Twice (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery #7) (Paperback): $15.00
- #8: A Murder in Mohair (A Black Sheep Knitting Mystery #8) (Paperback): $16.95
The third mystery in Anne Canadeo's winning Black Sheep Knitting series, featuring a fivesome with a knack for knitting—and solving crimes…
When Maggie Messina, owner of the Black Sheep Knitting Shop, is invited to give knitting workshops at a Berkshires spa resort, she manages to negotiate a cottage that fits all five of the Black Sheep for what promises to be a weekend of knitting bliss. But while the friends are expert at counting stitches, they haven’t counted on murder.
Guests and staff at the Crystal Lake Inn are as varied as a mixed bag of yarn, but most colorful is certainly the owner, charismatic self-help guru and former psychiatrist Dr. Max Flemming. The doctor may have told all in a revealing autobiography, but from his ex-wife to the widow of his former business partner—both employees at the inn—Max seems mired in shadows from his past. And when a killer strikes during a mountaintop retreat, the Black Sheep wonder what the good doctor might be hiding.
The police seem to be following the wrong thread. But while Maggie’s workshops have given the knitters a unique view of the tensions at the little inn, can they make sense of a crime that is as complexly stranded as a Fair Isle sweater? When the killer murders a second time, the Black Sheep wonder if they’ve dropped a stitch and put themselves in mortal danger...
About the Author
Anne Canadeo is the author of many works of fiction. She is best known for the acclaimed Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries and the New York Times bestselling Cape Light and Angel Island series. Anne lives with her husband, daughter, and a scruffy Retriever in Northport, New York—a village on the Long Island Sound very much like the towns depicted in her books. She has a Masters Degree from Columbia University and a Bachelor of Arts from Stony Brook University.
“An engaging story full of tight knit friendship and a needling mystery.”
—Fresh Fiction on Knit, Purl, Die
"The fast-paced plot will keep even nonknitters turning the pages."
"Canadeo presents congenial characters and a mystery that keeps you guessing."